Monday

The Birth of an Online Business

The dust has settled.  The line has been drawn.  It's on.

Zadoodle Vintage: my Etsy vintage store in the making.

Before I settled on launching an online business, I struggled to find a direction for my career, what is it that I would like to do.  I am a very creative chick, but I have never really had a single outlet.  I've worked in theatre, in real estate, in a health club, in a church... and I am now a stay-at-home mom seeking my fortune (or at least a few extra bucks a month) at some endeavor that will continue to allow me to remain a stay-at-home mom.  Hence the idea for launching an online business.  For some time I thought eBay was my only option, but it did not really cater to my more creative side, and the cost of doing business was increasing monthly.

Enter Etsy.  It allows me to peddle my crafty wares but also the vintage oddities that I seem to be attracted to as of late.  Etsy's policies don't seem to change as often as eBay's do, and now that eBay is significantly raising their rates AGAIN, I decided to abandon ship and swim toward Etsy Island, the land of promise, the land of milk and honey.

I gotta start chasing those cows and bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |