Sunday

How Do You Eat an Elephant?

My husband doesn't much like me being a work-at-home-mom.  He tends to be a bit overwhelmed by my Ten Projects at Once methodology, my overuse of the Television as Babysitter and my close personal relationship with the microwave oven.

I agree with him 100% (Shh... don't tell).  I have come to realize that I have some form of A.D.D. combined with a jack-of-all-trades quality that makes me think that I can be a writer-graphic designer-vintage seller-handmade artisan-notary public-film producer. And to be quite honest with you... I am capable of all of those things.  The problem is that I am pulled in so many different directions between 4-5 different businesses, 2 children, a dog, a husband, laundry, meals, a household, bills and 136 social networking obligations (times 5) that it's no wonder I fall asleep at the computer and that nobody (least of all me) really knows what it is that I do.

Much as it pains me to say it.... my husband is right.  I cannot do all of these things at once.  I am spread so thin that I am unable to get everything done. I have so much to do (times 5) that I am overwhelmed, and when I'm overwhelmed I kind of become paralyzed.

How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |